Pig to Pork

It's taken me awhile to write this blog posting.  I wasn't really sure how to approach the subject of animal slaughter.  I have felt for some time now as a food photography & an omnivore it is my responsibility to understand the origins where by my food comes from.  I've been exploring the themes of "farm to table" and "sustainability" for some time now - and now finally, turning my camera to butchery and how it relates to these themes.  I've photographed 2 pig slaughters now - one in Northern California & the other in upstate NY.  These are a few photos combined together from both.  I would like to thank Fleisher's for letting me shoot their master butcher class "Pig to Pork".  I learned SO much that day!  "Bacon, the Gateway Meat"!







Comments

  1. Enjoyment to examine. You've got producing expertise. I liked your story. How did you find it?    saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment