Dear Hospital, This is What You Feed a Cancer Patient?

I've been spending a lot of time in the hospital lately as my father's battle with cancer has landed him most recently in the ICU and oncology wards of a major medical facility.  I've never liked hospitals much and I can tell you for certain I like them even less now.  Besides the tubes, treatments, nurses & doctors coming and going the thing I've begun to pay close attention to is the food they are feeding him.     And I am shocked at how unhealthy & disgusting the food are they feed him.  The only thing he really likes is called the "Mighty Shake".  And high fructose corn syrup is ingredient #1!  There's a lot about the treatments for my dad that I don't understand.  But, I do know without a shadow of a doubt that high fructose corn syrup is not on the list of cancer fighting foods!  I do know that all of this institutionalized food they serve him up everyday can not possibly help him heal.  So, my sister & I bring in homemade smoothies with "cancer fighting" ingredients every day hoping to counteract all this crap food.  I hope it helps.



high fructose corn syrup is a cancer fight ingredient right?


Comments