Harvest in the Wine Country

I was back on a plane headed to California before I was barely over the last red-eye.  But shooting in my favorite location with one of my favorite people, author & winemaker, Chris Hanna, easily gets rid of any travel hangover.  Everywhere I turned there was astounding beauty: full harvest moon set against the autumn palette of vineyards heavy with ripe grapes - gold, scarlet, deep browns & purples. The landscape comes alive again when the Cabernet Sauvignon hits my tongue while Billy Bragg sings Woody Guthrie's "California Stars" in my ear:

"I'd like to dream my troubles all away
On a bed of California stars
Jump up from my starbed and make another day
Underneath my California stars
They hang like grapes like friendly wine
So, I'd give this world just to dream a dream with you
On our bed of California stars"


Shopping at Heath Ceramics for props & saw the last cookbook, The Winemaker Cooks, we shot together!

It's not a wine country shoot without my pink slip "slipping" in a shot (or two).
I really wanted to drive this back to NYC.

Thank you Erin Quon, Shay Harrington & Ethel Brennan!  This photo shoot would not be complete without you too!

Comments